26 THINGS I'VE LEARNED BY THE TIME I TURNED 26
This weekend I celebrated my birthday (along with what felt like the rest of the world LOL) and I did it a little bit differently this year. I didn't feel the need to spend it drunk at the bar getting pushed around by the MDW crowd. I spent it on the water + with my family, which I appreciate so much.
I always wondered what my life would look like when I turned 26. I pictured myself in different scenarios and wondered who would be in my life for this golden birthday. At one point I even thought I would be married with kids by now but that's a good joke. Life has a funny way of always giving us what we need and not what we want, which is something I'm growing to become more thankful of.
So in honor of turning 26, here are 26 lessons I've learned so far in life:
1. Trust the timing. Everything happens for a reason. Things will happen when they’re supposed to happen for you.
2. Not everybody is meant to be in your life forever. People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.
3. Everything is temporary. It's not a bad life, you're just hitting a low right now so you can better appreciate the high's.
which brings me to...
4. You are the only person who's capable of changing your life. If you don't like where you're at in life, make a change. Don't sit around and wait for things to change, get up and make them happen.
5. You're capable of doing anything you set your mind to if you just work hard enough.
6. You realize how much you love something when it's gone.
7. Life is short. Always tell the ones you love that you love them (unless their like married or have a GF/BF then probably don't do that) and Never go to bed angry, especially over petty problems. You never know what the future holds or when the last time you see somebody maybe.
8. Having a significant other doesn't complete you. YOU complete YOU!
9. Some people grow apart, its a part of life. Appreciate the times + the memories, but understand that you're allowed to move on from people and things that are holding you back. People either want to grow and evolve with you or they don't. Surround yourself with people who inspire you + bring out the best in you.
10. It always can be worse. Whatever your problem, whatever your situation, I guarantee you, someone, somewhere is going through something way worse. You will realize how small your problems are in comparison to the larger problems that exist in the world.
11. Everything takes time. You will learn to love yourself again and get rid of insecurities that developed along the way from people who didn't see your value and don’t deserve another second of your time.
12. When one door closes, chances are something better is coming along.
13. Money isn't everything. Happiness is. It's not worth it to keep that job that makes you miserable, Life is to short to be anything but happy.
14. Try not to listen to society and its pressures. It's your life, live it the way you want to, not how others say you should. You do you, whatever it is that makes you happy (as long as its productive lol)
15. Be thankful for what you've experienced along the way, no matter how good or bad. It's made you a stronger person and who you are today.
16. Prioritize your health + Never take it for granted.
17. Family first (that includes friends that feel more like family). no matter what. In my personal case, my family is my everything. As much as I get annoyed and irritated, I wouldn't change them for the world.
18. There is no rewind button in life and you rarely get second chances. It's all about learning as you go.
19. Learn to let go; of people, of places, of the past.
20. Always listen to your gut feeling. When you get that gut feeling that something is right or wrong, don’t ignore it. Trust your intuition, You often know the answer before you even realize it.
21. Take a risk and go down a completely different road from everyone else. You never know what may be at the end.
22. Nothing is a failure if you tried + put in your all. Everything is an experience.
23. There will always be people who don't like you and misjudge you. Don’t waste your time trying to change their minds.
24. Travel far and wide and as much as you can. Some of my favorite memories have been while traveling, and I can’t wait to be able to explore what else is out there in the great big world.
25. No one is you and that is magical. Embrace who you are and never try to be somebody else.
26. Every day is a new start. What can you do today to make your future self-proud?
If you read all the way down here, you the real MVP. Hopefully, you could relate to a few of these points. Just remember, the people who are really winning at life are the ones who know how to truly appreciate the moment they’re living in, love the ones they’re with, and not give society’s definition of success the time of day.
So with that....Here's to 26!
SHOP THE LOOK: