NEW YEAR ~ NEW GOALS
It is crazy to me that 2017 has come and gone already. I feel like I just moved into my apartment in NY last month, not a year ago. I feel like I have so much I said I would do and didn’t, so many goals I left unaccomplished, and so much potential left unmet. I’ve been feeling like because the year is coming to close, then I was unsuccessful or failed at what I did. This year was full of so many AMAZING high's, and definitely several lows. So many things have happened this year, both good and bad, and next year is just another chance to meet these goals and live the life I wanted to this year. Just because the year is coming to a close, doesn’t mean your goals and dreams have to change. A year is a long time and a lot can happen, but it is by no means a deadline for you or your goals.
I'm reflecting on the year and sharing some things I've learned, as well as my revamped goals for 2018. Life isn't always "Insta-Perfect" and it's okay to not have things together or have any idea what the future will hold. I'm learning to stay true to what makes me happy and just take life as it comes, the good and the bad. I’m hoping 2018 is full of second chances and continuations of the good parts of 2017. Feel free to print out the bottom worksheet and fill out your own goals or just take a mental checklist of the things you'd like to accomplish in the upcoming year!
LESSONS FROM 2017
- ALL THINGS ARE TEMPORARY (TIME, MONEY, PEOPLE, THIS SITUATION YOU'RE IN, EVERYTHING).
- GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME.
- THE FASTEST WAY TO KILL SOMETHING SPECIAL IS TO COMPARE IT TO SOMETHING ELSE.
- JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS SUCCEEDING, DOESNT MEAN YOU FAILED.
- FAMILY IS EVERYTHING. WITHOUT THEM, WHAT DO YOU HAVE.
- NOBODIES LIFE IS PERFECT ALL THE TIME. LIFE'S FULL OF HIGH'S AND LOWS AND EVERYONE EXPERIENCES THEM, WETHER THEY SHOW IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA OR NOT.
- YOU CANT CHANGE PEOPLE, BUT YOU CAN CHANGE THE SITUATION.
- CHERISH EACH MOMENT. YOU'LL NEVER GET TO LIVE IT AGAIN.
- YOU DON'T NEED ANYONE TO COMPLETE YOU. YOU COMPLETE YOU.
- IT CAN ALWAYS BE WORSE.
- LEARN HOW TO BALANCE LIFE AND WORK, INCLUDING DISCONNECTING AND TAKING TIME AWAY FROM SOCIAL MEDIA.
- GET INTO A HEALTHIER ROUTINE (WAKE UP EARLY, NO PHONE BY BED, MEDITATE, TAKE OFF MAKEUP EVERYDAY, LOTION AFTER SHOWER ETC)
- DECLUTTER MY LIFE BOTH MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY (DOWNSIZE, DONATE WHAT I DON'T USE)
- TAKE A HEALTHIER APPROACH TO CERTAIN SITUATIONS (DOWLOADED TALKSPACE)
- RECONNECT WITH FRIENDS
- STRESS LESS
- BE MORE OPEN MINDED
- EAT IN MORE
- FOCUS ON BEING CONTENT
- PLAN A EURO-TRIP!
- ATTEND MORE EVENTS
- CALL MY GRANDPARENTS MORE
- CONTINUE WORKING ON AND IMPROVING BLOGGING/BRAND PARTNERSHIPS INCLUDING POSTING LESS SPONSORSHIPS AND BEING MORE SELECTIVE
- WORKOUT MORE
- DRINK MORE WATER
- CLEAN OUT MY INBOX AND UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THINGS
- GET MY FINANCIALS IN CHECK
- MAKE AN OFFICE
- BE MORE PRESENT